Tomato and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 to 6 ounces each
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without making a hole. Place two slices of tomato and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pockets with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
- Heat the oil in a heavy, oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
- Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup. 5. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories 228
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Fat 7 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 34 g
- Sodium 200 mg