Grilled Chicken and Tomato-Basil Salad with Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and basil together. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Spray the grill grate with nonstick cooking spray and preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill them on both sides until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- In large bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest together. Add the arugula and toss to combine.
- Arrange the arugula on 4 dinner plates or on a serving platter. Place the chicken breasts on top of the arugula and garnish with the tomato salad and Parmesan shavings.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories 307
- Carbohydrates 10g
- Fat 11g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 43g
- Sodium 424mg