Cranberry Rice Pilaf
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 cup converted rice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small ovenproof pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and thyme, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions become translucent but not brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat evenly with butter. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and the stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as the stock comes to a boil, cover the pot and place in the oven for 18 minutes. 6. Add the salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork.
- Serving Size: 2/3 Cups
- Calories 177
- Carbohydrate 37 g
- Fat 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g
- Sodium 80mg